🇵🇰 - Do all government 'servants' abide by these rules? | Pakistan Defense Forum
Theme customizer
Revert customizations made in this style

🇵🇰 Do all government 'servants' abide by these rules? (1 Viewer)

Currently reading:
🇵🇰 Do all government 'servants' abide by these rules? (1 Viewer)

G Pakistan Affairs Forum

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

The Government Servants ( Conduct) Rules, 1964 :

1707542395221.png

Attachments

• 1707542161535.png
    1707542161535.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 1

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

Rules in anything Pakistan are mere suggestions, not requirements. Only fools obey them and get left behind or kicked out.
Right. Therefore, lawlessness is not the government’s fault. The absence of the rule of law in our country is an integrated socio-cultural phenomenon. This problem is impossible to overcome.

VCheng

Jan 26, 2024
Right. Therefore, lawlessness is not the government’s fault. The absence of the rule of law in our country is an integrated socio-cultural phenomenon. This problem is impossible to overcome.

Indeed it is integrated into the very fabric of society.

Please note I am not making any judgement as to whether it is right or wrong, just that it is the Pakistani way. And the majority of people are quite comfortable with this state of affairs, despite strident claims to the contrary and much invoking of religious ideals.

What we do speaks far louder than what we claim.

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

Indeed it is integrated into the very fabric of society.

Please note I am not making any judgement as to whether it is right or wrong, just that it is the Pakistani way. And the majority of people are quite comfortable with this state of affairs, despite strident claims to the contrary and much invoking of religious ideals.

What we do speaks far louder than what we claim.
In Pakistan, a civil/military government job has always proven to help someone with a lower social status quickly move up to a much higher social stature since the birth of the nation. Sometimes, government civil/military bureaucrats have even become kingmakers or kings themselves. These people's family and clan members, who are millions in number, are also beneficiaries of their government relatives. They make up a significant share of the population who control media and other socio-political institutions. It has given lawlessness the necessary survival fitness in society. I believe prevalent religions have much more to do with political and economic roots than spirituality. Very few people follow religions by knowing the exact philosophy of their religions, even though every religion claims to promote knowledge, contrary to popular belief. The saddest part is that we do not have a history of justice in the last five thousand years. Justice is a word that resides only on pieces of paper.

VCheng

Jan 26, 2024
In Pakistan, a civil/military government job has always proven to help someone with a lower social status quickly move up to a much higher social stature since the birth of the nation. Sometimes, government civil/military bureaucrats have even become kingmakers or kings themselves. These people's family and clan members, who are millions in number, are also beneficiaries of their government relatives. They make up a significant share of the population who control media and other socio-political institutions. It has given lawlessness the necessary survival fitness in society. I believe prevalent religions have much more to do with political and economic roots than spirituality. Very few people follow religions by knowing the exact philosophy of their religions, even though every religion claims to promote knowledge, contrary to popular belief. The saddest part is that we do not have a history of justice in the last five thousand years. Justice is a word that resides only on pieces of paper.

Well the subcontinent is where the zanjeer-e-adal once hung to provide justice to all and sundry. But what happens now is anything but justice, and far from speedy or fair.

However, as long as the people generally accept the system as it is practiced, no one else can change it for them. There is nothing sad about this realization, just a weary acceptance of reality by emigres like me.

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

Well the subcontinent is where the zanjeer-e-adal once hung to provide justice to all and sundry. But what happens now is anything but justice, and far from speedy or fair.

However, as long as the people generally accept the system as it is practiced, no one else can change it for them. There is nothing sad about this realization, just a weary acceptance of reality by emigres like me.
The modern concept of justice, which puts great emphasis on civil rights and civic liberty, is light years ahead of the zanjeer-e-adal concept, which even never criminalized the slavery of human beings. There is also a lack of credible documentation about zanjeer-e-adal to put it into scrutiny. How would someone travel hundreds of miles from his home village on rural unpaved roads to Agra to seek justice? He would be long dead. Slavery was abolished in the sub-continent only in 1843 by colonial British rule, much later than zanjeer-e-adal. Silent and undeclared slavery is still active today.
The sub-continent could not properly transition from feudalism to a modern capitalist society. It remains semi-feudal, masked by fancy highways, malls, and electronic gadgets. My late grandfather and father claimed when they were alive that the colonial British court system was much fairer, and my grandfather and father both were alive during the British rule. People forgot how many died because the sub-continent was partitioned on sectarian lines. Millions of people still pay the price of a few politician's deeds. Selective dementia has captured the whole of society.
I agree that no one can change our people, and that is also why whenever anyone claims to be able to change this messed up society, that person immediately loses credibility to me.

VCheng

Jan 26, 2024
The modern concept of justice, which puts great emphasis on civil rights and civic liberty, is light years ahead of the zanjeer-e-adal concept, which even never criminalized the slavery of human beings. There is also a lack of credible documentation about zanjeer-e-adal to put it into scrutiny. How would someone travel hundreds of miles from his home village on rural unpaved roads to Agra to seek justice? He would be long dead. Slavery was abolished in the sub-continent only in 1843 by colonial British rule, much later than zanjeer-e-adal.
The sub-continent could not properly transition from feudalism to a modern capitalist society. It remains semi-feudal, masked by fancy highways, malls, and electronic gadgets. My late grandfather and father claimed when they were alive that the colonial British court system was much fairer, and my grandfather and father both were alive during the British rule. People forgot how many died because the sub-continent was partitioned on sectarian lines. Millions of people still pay the price of a few politician's deeds. Selective dementia has captured the whole of society.
I agree that no one can change our people, and that is also why whenever anyone claims to be able to change this messed up society, that person immediately loses credibility to me.

LOL. Please remember that I am the guy who was derided and pilloried endlessly for saying that the much ballyhooed naya Pakistan will turn out to be just like purana Pakistan, which only makes me quote your last sentence again: I agree that no one can change our people, and that is also why whenever anyone claims to be able to change this messed up society, that person immediately loses credibility to me.

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

LOL. Please remember that I am the guy who was derided and pilloried endlessly for saying that the much ballyhooed naya Pakistan will turn out to be just like purana Pakistan, which only makes me quote your last sentence again: I agree that no one can change our people, and that is also why whenever anyone claims to be able to change this messed up society, that person immediately loses credibility to me.

It's realism vs idealism. Sinking men want to hold onto the last visible staws to survive, which is an unrealistic hope. Our education system teaches how to follow orders; it never teaches how to think critically. As a result, we see highly educated professionals think like obedient slaves without any critical mind of their own. They keep echoing their master's voice. People who have been ruling Pakistan for the last 70 years have been given enough time to show their incompetence while ruining and destroying all institutions in the country; they must leave now for good. New people and new ideas must take over. Nothing can get worse than it already is. This is Naya Pakistan to me.

Users who are viewing this thread