General - Pakistan Cricket News and discussions | Pakistan Defense Forum
What's new

General Pakistan Cricket News and discussions (1 Viewer)

Currently reading:
General Pakistan Cricket News and discussions (1 Viewer)

G General Forum

ghazi

A Legend
Jan 25, 2024

Pope hits fifty but India in box seat in first Test against England

AFP
January 27, 2024

England’s Ollie Pope celebrates after scoring a half-century during the third day of the first Test cricket match between India and England at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad on January 27. — AFP

England’s Ollie Pope celebrates after scoring a half-century during the third day of the first Test cricket match between India and England at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad on January 27. — AFP
Ollie Pope was unbeaten on 67 at tea with England still trailing by 18 runs and struggling against a persistent Indian bowling attack in the opening Test on Saturday.

England were 172-5 at the break in Hyderabad after beginning the second innings behind by 190 after the hosts were bowled out for a mammoth 436 in the morning session.

Pope was batting alongside wicketkeeper Ben Foakes (2) after brief and disappointing spells from Joe Root (2) and skipper Ben Stokes (6).

Jasprit Bumrah and spinner Ravichandran Ashwin picked two wickets each.

ghazi

A Legend
Jan 25, 2024

PCB terminates pace ace Haris Rauf’s central contract

Abdul Ghaffar
February 15, 2024

Pace ace Haris Rauf’s central contract was terminated by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Thursday following a probe into his alleged refusal to join Pakistan’s Test squad for the tour of Australia 2023-24, the cricket board said in a press release.

In November, chief selector Wahab Riaz had revealed that Rauf refused to take part in the Test tour of Australia and told selectors he wanted to focus on white ball cricket and manage his workload.

According to ESPNCricinfo a source close to the player revealed that Rauf had never committed to playing the Test matches in Australia. Riaz said that Rauf’s decision would “hurt Pakistan cricket”.

ghazi

A Legend
Jan 25, 2024

Shaheen Afridi sends warning following Pakistan's captaincy chaos

Shaheen Afridi was unhappy with the Pakistan Cricket Board's (PCB) lack of communication regarding his removal from the captaincy position

News Desk in Karachi

05 April, 2024
facebook sharing button

twitter sharing button
Tweet​

Shaheen Afridi sends warning following Pakistan's captaincy chaos
PHOTO: AFP

Pakistan pacer, Shaheen Afridi, on Friday posted a cryptic message on his official Instagram account, after being abruptly relieved of his role as captain of the Pakistan cricket team in T20Is.

Afridi assumed the T20I captaincy following Babar Azam's decision to step down from captaincy across all formats after Pakistan's premature exit from the 2023 ODI World Cup.
The left-arm fast bowler's captaincy tenure commenced with a disappointing 4-1 series defeat to New Zealand on their home ground earlier this year. However, his leadership stint was cut short after just one series, with Babar Azam reinstated as the white-ball captain of Pakistan on March 31.

According to sources, Afridi was unhappy with the Pakistan Cricket Board's (PCB) lack of communication regarding his removal from the captaincy position. The 23-year-old had also been upset by a statement, issued after his removal from the T20I captaincy, which contained words not authorized or spoken by him. The PCB acknowledged this error and conveyed to Afridi that it was an internal mistake.
Afridi shared a cryptic Instagram story, which conveyed a sense of warning, indicating Afridi's readiness to exhibit a side of himself that others might not have anticipated, should his patience be tested beyond its limit.

Shaheen's story read: "Never ever ever put me in a position where I have to show you how cruel and ruthless I can be. Don't test my patience. Because I might be the kindest and sweetest person you've ever met, but once I reach my limit, you'll see me do the things that no one thought I was capable of doing."

Despite feeling unjustly removed from the captaincy, Afridi has expressed his willingness to move forward from the ordeal.

Users who are viewing this thread