🇵🇰 - This website says "Asian Subcontinent" and not "Indian Subcontinent" | Pakistan Defense Forum

🇵🇰 This website says "Asian Subcontinent" and not "Indian Subcontinent" (1 Viewer)

Currently reading:
🇵🇰 This website says "Asian Subcontinent" and not "Indian Subcontinent" (1 Viewer)

G Pakistan Affairs Forum

Muji.Iqbal

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2024

This website says "Asian Subcontinent" and not "Indian Subcontinent"
1712004031038.png

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

I think South Asia, or Asian Subcontinent. United Nations uses "South Asia."

But I think Asian Subcontinent is also acceptable.
Remember that Sri Lanka and Maldives belong to South Asia but are not part of the sub-continent. All the areas underneath the Himalayas are also part of the exact Sub-continent: Pakistan, India, Nepal, and Bangladesh. It is a cultural term, too. Asia is too broad a term covering even Mongol culture.
I would say even the "Indus Sub-continent" could also apply. I have no problem with the name India as it is an ancient name denoting a region rather than a single country.

Muji.Iqbal

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2024

Remember that Sri Lanka and Maldives belong to South Asia but are not part of the sub-continent. All the areas underneath the Himalayas are also part of the exact Sub-continent: Pakistan, India, Nepal, and Bangladesh. It is a cultural term, too. Asia is too broad a term covering even Mongol culture.
I would say even the "Indus Sub-continent" could also apply. I have no problem with the name India as it is an ancient name denoting a region rather than a single country.
Yes, but when an ignorant person from Brazil hears India, they think of the political modern-day "Republic of India", and not the "geographical" India.

"India" was a word used by the ancient Greeks to denote people living east of the Indus River.

Geographical India is from Afghanistan to Bangladesh.

Modern day political India is "Republic of India."

So that guy from Brazil when he hears "Indian Subcontinent" he will think we are "Indians." lol.

We are Pakistanis and we are not Indians. India is "republic of India." and not from Afghanistan to Bangladesh.

No wonder why Jinnah opposed Nehru's usage of "India." because people will confuse geographical India for the political India which is "Republic of India" today.

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

Yes, but when an ignorant person from Brazil hears India, they think of the political modern-day "Republic of India", and not the "geographical" India.

"India" was a word used by the ancient Greeks to denote people living east of the Indus River.

Geographical India is from Afghanistan to Bangladesh.

Modern day political India is "Republic of India."

So that guy from Brazil when he hears "Indian Subcontinent" he will think we are "Indians." lol.

We are Pakistanis and we are not Indians. India is "republic of India." and not from Afghanistan to Bangladesh.

No wonder why Jinnah opposed Nehru's usage of "India." because people will confuse geographical India for the political India which is "Republic of India" today.

Believe it or not, that problem will hopefully be solved after the next Battle of Panipat IV. Every Pakistani COAS has known and been aware since 1947 that the British-enforced so-called partition was a temporary settlement, and there will be a final Battle of Panipat to undo the British partition. Junior Pakistani military officers do not know this, but they will once they reach sufficient senior positions. Indian Generals know it, too. It has nothing to do with religion but everything to do with the injustice done to sub-continental people under British imperialism.

Muji.Iqbal

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2024

Believe it or not, that problem will hopefully be solved after the next Battle of Panipat IV. Every Pakistani COAS has known and been aware since 1947 that the British-enforced so-called partition was a temporary settlement, and there will be a final Battle of Panipat to undo the British partition. Junior Pakistani military officers do not know this, but they will once they reach sufficient senior positions. Indian Generals know it, too. It has nothing to do with religion but everything to do with the injustice done to sub-continental people under British imperialism.
My friend, lets worry about Kashmir first, before the rest of India. Otherwise the rest is just wishful thinking. :sneaky:

ThunderCat

Pakistan Military Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

Always say "Asian Subcontinent" and never say "Indian Subcontinent."

Pakistan is not part of India, and we are not Indians.

"Indian" means more than one thing today. The geographical India is the land of the Indus not the country that named itself after the Indus land.

"Indian subcontinent" does not mean "india" the country.

Just like there's a difference between Arabian peninsula and Saudi Arabia. Just like there's a difference between North America and America the country.

So it does not matter weather "indian subcontinent" or "Asian subcontinent" neither one means "India" the country.

Users who are viewing this thread