🇵🇰-Land Z-10 ME/P deliveries (1 Viewer)

G Pakistan Land Forces

ghazi

A Legend
Jan 25, 2024

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Z-10 ME/P
Role Attack helicopter
Manufacturer Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC)
Design group Kamov
First flight 29 April 2003
Introduction December 2012
Status In service
Primary user People's Liberation Army Ground Force
Pakistan Army Aviation Corps
Produced 2003-present
The Changhe Z-10 (Chinese: 直-10, "helicopter-10") is a Chinese medium attack helicopter developed for the People's Liberation Army Ground Force. It is designed primarily for anti-tank warfare missions but has secondary air-to-air combat capability as well.

Initiated by chief designer Wu Ximing, the project had early Russian involvement with Kamov Design Bureau of Russia under a contract with the Chinese government, but the collaboration was abruptly stopped due to fundamental design philosophy disagreements. The Chinese designers and their customer, the PLA General Armaments Department, preferred a lighter-weight, more agile airframe with less emphasis on armor. The helicopter was further developed by Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC) and is locally manufactured.

Nicknames of characters in the Chinese classic novel Water Margin have been used to name Z-10 and its light-weight counterpart, the Harbin Z-19: Z-10 is called Fierce Thunderbolt (Pi Li Huo, 霹雳火), the nickname of Qin Ming, while Z-19 is called Black Whirlwind (Hei Xuan Feng, 黑旋风), the nickname of Li Kui.

In September 2016, the PLA announced that all of its army aviation units had been equipped with the Z-10.

Orders and exports
The Z-10 was one of the contenders to replace Pakistan's Bell AH-1F Cobra attack helicopters.
Three Z-10s were acquired for trials in 2015 and rejected due to the inadequate WZ-9 engine. Contracts to acquire the AH-1Z and then the TAI/AgustaWestland T129 ATAK (which uses the American LHTEC CTS800–4A engine) fell through because of worsening relations with the United States.

In January 2022, negotiations to acquire the Z-10ME were underway.

Hopefully coming in 2024..

ghazi

A Legend
Jan 25, 2024

China Z-10ME would likely to have a Combo Operating Force :
- One Force multiplier with Mast Mounted MWR & other sensors
-Networked with 4-6 units carrying ATGMs e.g CM-502KG.

Now If we add Attack UAVs in equation - the close air support theater scenario becomes interesting.

1712840569880.png

Users who are viewing this thread