General - What Happens When You Start Reading Every Day | Pakistan Defense Forum
Theme customizer
Revert customizations made in this style

General What Happens When You Start Reading Every Day (1 Viewer)

Currently reading:
General What Happens When You Start Reading Every Day (1 Viewer)

G General Forum

TheNewb77

Co-Admin
Jan 28, 2024

Article From Medium:

Quote:

I love reading.

Reading is the best habit you can build to boost every part of your life.

I don't mind reading an ebook, but I prefer a physical book.

The smell of new pages is magical.
But who has the time to sit down with a book in this highly distracted world where social media, especially video culture, is everywhere?

People (adults) spend almost 2 to 3 hours a day on smartphones and television.

Before continuing with this article, check your screen time. You will be surprised to learn how much time you waste daily by doing nothing on your smartphone except aimlessly scrolling.

What if you gave some of that time to books?

Think before you speak. Read before you think. — Fran Lebowitz

1713373420584.png

Malang

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 5, 2022

sir I used to read a lot of books. I had a “Shauq” of reading Urdu books of Islamic history and spy fictions like Imran Series. but internet changed a lot, I switched the physical books with e-books and the tablet I used to visualise as a pill given to a patient was changed into e-tablet.

Old School

Senior Moderator
Jan 26, 2024

These days, I only read scientific research papers/ articles published in academic journals. I stopped reading paper books a long time ago due to the inconvenience. All the books I have purchased in the last 10 years are e-books. Now, my personal e-library has close to ten thousand e-books. I have not read fictional/fantasy novels for the previous 25 years due to a lack of patience while I used to read them before.

Users who are viewing this thread