General - Your Favourite Food / Drinks? | Pakistan Defense Forum
Theme customizer
Revert customizations made in this style

General Your Favourite Food / Drinks? (1 Viewer)

Currently reading:
General Your Favourite Food / Drinks? (1 Viewer)

G General Forum

ghazi

A Legend
Jan 25, 2024

In Kebabs Category, I like the following :

What are Kebabs?

Kebab (also known as kebap, kabab, kebob, kabob, kibob, kebhav, kephav, qabab) is one of my favorite dishes. I like to have them with arabic bread but at times I have them with chappatis and rice too. Kebab is a meat dish which originated in Persia and now is famous all over the world. There are many varieties of kebabs available. Even though kebabs are usually made out of lamb, I prefer chicken. Kebab in persian means ‘fried meat’.

Chapli kabab

A delicacy from KPK province – marinated beef in spices and deep fried flat

1706365230458.png
– rolled meatballs originating in Peshawar and Kandahar

Seekh kabab

img_4855.jpg

– prepared with minced meat with spices and grilled on skewers. It is cooked in a Tandoor, and is often served with chutneys or mint sauce. It is often included in tandoori sampler platters, which contain a variety of tandoor cooked dishes. A seekh kebab can also be served in a naan bread much like döner kebab. Seekh kebabs are part of the traditional Pakistani diet.

Shami Kabab

DSCN0585.JPG

Made of minced meat, with paste of lentils and chopped onion and coriander and green chillies usually added to the mixture, which is kneaded in a disc-like shape and fried. Best results are obtained when fried ghee. In some places, a binding agent is used to keep the kabab together.

Tandoori chicken Kebab

MK-1194.jpg

– chunks or strips of meat marina

Chicken Malai Tikka

maxresdefault.jpg

– chunks or strips of chicken marinated in a white yoghurt and garlic sauce and grilled

Reshami kebab
– minced chicken adequately seasoned and then barbecued on a charcoal grill

Bihari kebab
– chunks or strips of lean beef, marinated in a spicy yoghurt/chilli marinade and tenderized to perfection before slowly grilled on a charcoal flame

Chicken_Tikka.jpg

Lulldapull

Jan 26, 2024

I honestly believe for us folk, our good ol aloo gosht or chickunn da salan is da highlight of our culture. Garam tandoori roti n salad……ohhh ho ho…..

That right dere is our real food! Finely diced ginger on top/ green chilli.

And no spices in dere….only salt lal mirach, and if yous gettin fancy add a little haldi or dhanya. Buss. In potohar plateau my home town…. Nobody eats spices or hot food.

For our seniors, cut down on da oil/tari now folks….before yous get in serious trouble. Cut out dat fat as much as yous can from da gosht.

Animal fat dangerous!

Users who are viewing this thread